Visa Guide to Study in USA

A Complete Guide of Visas to Study in USA

The United States of America welcomes students from all over the world to study. They provide the best education system with various courses. A flexible environment that helps students learn a lot. Students from around the globe want to study in USA and require a student visa for that. You must know about the different types of visas and their requirements.


The USA is on top of all the institutes that provide quality education. It has the best colleges with well-known degrees. Most of the colleges in the USA do not even require an introduction. They have been well-reputed for years, and no one can doubt their credibility. The competition is among the Ivy League colleges. It is a guide containing details about the different types of visas.


<H2> Different Types of USA Visa


Before applying for a USA study visa, you have to go through the process and acceptance of college application. The English proficiency test score is also attached to it. The score helps determine the student’s English speaking skills. It is a common test for foreign students. Whether you are planning to take a short-term or long-term course, you need to apply for a visa.


Every visa is different from the other and is for a different purpose. These courses and colleges must be listed in the US Department of Education and approved by them. The visa and application process, as well as the issuing and arrival process, is handled by two separate departments. There is information about the different types of visas in this guide to learn more and apply for the right type of visa. 


<H3> F-1 Visa


It is one of the most popular visas to study in USA for full-time students. F-1 visa is for students pursuing a degree or course from a well-known college. There are three types of visas in this category:


F-1: This visa is for students pursuing a full-time degree course.


F-2: It is for the family of the F-1 visa holders, i.e., spouses and children. 


F-3: A visa, which is applicable only for the students of the neighbouring country, i.e., Mexico and Canada.


F-1 visa holders can work only for 20 hours a week and on campus. Those who want to work off-campus and for longer hours require authorization from the concerned authorities and the college. F-2 visa holders cannot work; they have to apply for a work or study visa later.


<H3> J-1 Visa


J-1 visa to study in USA is for the working professional taking admission in a short-term program. It will allow you to enter the country and stay to complete the course. While applying for a J-1 visa, you require an acceptance letter from the employer. The J-2 visa is for students who want to bring their family with them. It is vital to note that if your partner wants to work, get permission before moving.


This program is also known as an Exchange visitor visa. It has a set time duration of up to ten months. The program could be anything like a trainee, summer internship, short-term program, etc. Every course has its eligibility criteria, like a standard English test. Check all the requirements before applying, and once you prepare everything, go for a visa interview and be ready to travel to your dream destination.


<H3> M-1 Visa


If you want to pursue non-academic degrees like cooking, fashion designing, dance, etc., you require an M-1 visa type! It will permit you to enter the country for a limited period. It also has a timestamp and does not allow you to overstay anyway. These are the only differences between J-1 and M-1 visas. 


If you want to study in USA, the country allows you to take on-campus part-time job, you can open a bank account, and even get a driving license. You can also take your family along with you. For that, you can apply for M-2 visa. Check the requirements of the college/course you are applying for to know if you meet their eligibility criteria. This visa is also known as a non-academic/ vocational student visa.


<H3> Derivative Visa


To study in USA, you need F-2, J-2 and M-2 visabut first, you have to meet the eligibility criteria of the college. They do not need to apply for F-1, M-1, and J-1 visas, but they can request if they are eligible as per the USA government rules. 


One with a J-2 visa can also apply for degree courses as a part-time or full-time student. They also have a right to apply for an F-1 visa if they have not completed the course, but the J-1’s time limit has ended. F-2 and M-2 visa holders cannot work in a foreign land. However, if they want to work, they need to apply for a work visa, and J-2 holders are required to submit a request and get approval from the concerned authority.


<H2> Conclusion


Students wanting to pursue higher education have to apply for a USA study visa based on the reason for which they are travelling. The USA is a top choice for students aspiring to get a quality education with renowned degrees. There are four types of visas to apply for: F-1, J-1, M-1, and Derivatives visa. It also has a provision to take your family with you. Visa is a crucial step while moving abroad, so talking to an expert professional is wise decision. 


You can get help from expert consultants if you are not sure about the visa type because a wrong application will lead to delays and a waste of money. With their expertise, they will guide you all through your journey. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *