The global phase change memory market is forecast to reach USD 46.52 Billion by 2026, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Phase change memory (PCM) is a type of non-volatile random access memory that accumulates data by altering the state of the material used, which means that it can change back and forth between crystalline and amorphous states on a microscopic level.
PCM is considered an emerging technology. The technology has the potential to provide cost-effective, high-density, high-speed, and high-volume nonvolatile storage on an unprecedented scale. The technology is ideal for both non-volatile dual in-line memory modules, and non-volatile memory expresses solid state drives. The technology is also much more durable than flash, and the concern of wear-out by daily writes is also not an issue.
The proliferation of smartphones in the developing region is the primary driving factor for the PCM market. China registered a sale of approximately 500 Million smartphones in 2016, while India registered a sale of 165 Million in the same year. Moreover, with portability and increased flexibility advantages, there is a significant rise in the preference of smartphones and tablets. The expected increased sale of smart devices in the coming years will increase the need for memory technologies such as phase-change technology.
IBM is working on a three-bit per cell PCM chip, which is expected to provide more storage and stability than its previous research which demonstrated 1 bit per cell options
To download a PDF sample copy of the report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/2180
Technology, particularly in the field of phase change memory (PCM), has made significant progress in recent years. PCM has surpassed older technologies in terms of scalability to smaller device dimensions and has demonstrated impressive retention, endurance, performance, and yield characteristics in large-array demonstrators.
One notable advantage of PCM is its ability to serve as elements of a computational memory unit. This means that specific computational tasks can be performed within the memory itself, unlike conventional computing systems where memory and processing units are separate entities. PCM is also being extensively explored as a component of neuromorphic hardware, which aims to replicate the structure and functionality of the human brain.
In terms of market trends, North America has been at the forefront of the phase change memory market. This is partly due to a shift in consumer preferences towards mobile devices such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones that consume less power and operate with lower latency. Additionally, advancements in technology have led to the emergence of the Internet of Things (IoT), which has further fueled the demand for phase change memory in the region.
Overall, the progress and advancements in phase change memory technology, along with the growing demand for power-efficient and low-latency devices, have contributed to the market’s growth, particularly in North America.
Top Companies Operating in the Global Phase Change Memory Market:
IBM, Micron Technology, Samsung Electronics, Hewlett-Packard, Toshiba, BAE Systems, STMicroelectronics, GlobalFoundries, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, United Microelectronics Corporation, Intel, and Western Digital, among others.
Inquiry before buying @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/inquiry-before-buying/2180
The global market is further segmented into type and application:
Form Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2016-2026)
Technology Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- PCM as static RAM (SRAM)
- PCM as DRAM
- PCM as flash memory
- PCM as storage-class memory (SCM)
Application Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; 2016-2026)
- Cell Phones
- Enterprise Storage
- Smart Cards
Regional analysis provides insights into key trends and demands in each major country that can affect market growth in the region.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Brazil, Rest of LATAM)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Further key findings from the report suggest
- PCM in the amorphous state has high electrical resistance, whereas in the crystalline state has less resistance. The electrical resistance in the machine is allowed to be turned off and on to represent digital low and high states.
- The low power consumption of PCM increases the battery life of electronic devices. This allows the device to function for a more extended period of time and also increases its life cycle and overall maintenance cost. It also acts as a hybrid memory that combines flash memory and PCM.
- On the standalone front, Intel has been shipping a device called 3D XPoint, which is a next-generation memory based on phase-change. Intel sells this device for solid-state storage drives (SSDs).
- The DRAM is a non-volatile type of memory module that is used to store data in an integrated circuit. The advantage of the module is that it acts as a roadmap for increasing the main capacity and density, cost-effectiveness, and a large capacity for power. This leads to an increased demand for using PCM as DRAM in the coming years.
- One of the challenging demands of the larger embedded memories is its capacity to hold bigger and more complex firmware. The rising need for more processing power, lower power consumption, and larger memory sizes are pushing the limit of the MCU architectures.
Request a customized copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2180
Thank you for reading our report. We also offer customized report as per client requirement. Kindly connect with us to know more about customization plan and our team will offer you the altered report.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Industrial Cybersecurity Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/industrial-cybersecurity-market
Data Resiliency Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/data-resiliency-market
Pre-Shipment Inspection Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/pre-shipment-inspection-market
Image Intensifier Units Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/image-intensifier-units-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370