Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based email service allowing users to work on the platform anytime, anywhere and from any device. Office 365 has become a profitable platform for users, as it is convenient for them to use it whenever they want. Users can transfer the data from one place to another instantly. Therefore, all the users who have stored their data in PST format are asked to perform PST to Office 365 migration process quickly. Users must shift their data to Office 365 as Office 365 has robust security features that protect the data.
All users, especially the big enterprise, rely on Office 365 for their data, only because of its fantastic feature and subscription plans. Users are very comfortable with this platform as it offers various other services like Skype for Business, SharePoint etc. Microsoft 365 also have an auto-update facility that timely update without any supplementary charges to the individual software.
Purpose to import PST to Office 365
As we have already discussed that Microsoft 365 is a popular cloud-based service that is used worldwide not only for professional work but also to store personal data. Most users look for a service that can keep their data safe because users face various issues with their data. Thus, users should import PST to Office 365 quickly. Here we display some reasons behind shifting the data to Office 365.
- The PST file in the system needs to be arranged its location properly not only that but the number is also unknown. Therefore, by performing PST to Office 365 migration, users can maintain the file in the system.
- Everyone is well aware of the security features of Office 365; users mostly face data loss, malware etc. With Office 365, users do not have to worry about their data; they can store their data in Office 365 without worrying about anything.
- One of the common issues users face is hacking, no matter if your PST file is password protected. There are still chances of your data being hacked, but with Office 365, you will not face such an issue.
- The subscription plan of Office 365 is fantastic and beneficial for users, especially those using it for business purposes. To take advantage of Microsoft 365, users can start with PST to Office 365 migration process for the betterment of their data.
What are the ways to upload PST to Office 365?
To perform the task, users will get two options the eDiscovery method and the automated method. It is up to users which way they prefer to begin the task. Both methods are available for the users. Performing the eDiscovery process is a tedious task for the users; those who know the techniques can complete the task.
If users are well aware about the eDiscovery method, it can be easier for them to begin the PST to Office 365 migration process. This is to notify all the new users that the procedure takes a lot of time to finish the task, and there is no guarantee of migrating the complete data.
Whereas if users want instant migration of their data, then they must try a professional third-party tool. Professional tools will complete the entire task quickly without taking much time. It will migrate the whole data without damaging any of it. Hence, users can go with Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool to begin the job. It is one of the best tools to help users migrate their data entirely.
EDiscovery technique to upload PST to Office 365
To begin with the manual method, users can go through the below-cited work of migrating the PST file to Office 365.
Export to PST file
- Firstly, visit the control panel and click on the mail option.
- The mail setup dialogue box will appear before you tap the show profile option.
- On the main dialogue box, hit the drag-down option under Always, and use this profile option.
- Now select Outlook, click on Apply option, and then the Ok button.
- Open Microsoft Outlook in your system, tap on the file tab from the taskbar, then tap on the open and Export option>> Import/ Export option.
- The Import and Export wizard will open before you on the next window. Click on the Export to a File option.
- Now hit the following option to continue the process.
- The Export to a file dialogue box will open before you; you are supposed to select the Outlook data file option and click on the Next option.
- Select the PST file or a mailbox folder from the Export Outlook data file dialogue box and then hit the Next option.
- Now search for the location to save the new PST file, click the browse option, name the file, and hit the Ok option to save the file.
- Now select the option “do not import duplicate items: option to avoid migrating duplicate items.
- Finally, hit the Finish option to conclude the process.
Import PST to Office 365
- Firstly open Microsoft Outlook, and from the taskbar, click on the file tab>>Open and Export option>> Import/ Export option.
- Now the Import/ Export wizard will open before you choose from import from another program or file option and tap on the Next option.
- Import a file dialogue box will open, there. Choose the Outlook data file option and hit the Next button.
- Now the import Outlook data file dialogue box will open before you search the location to save the PST file.
- Select the PST file, hit the open option, click “Do not import duplicate items option”, and then hit the Next opportunity to continue.
- At last, finally hit the Finish option.
An automated method to perform PST to Office 365 migration process
The professional approach is the best way for the migration processs, all the users these days are looking for the process to complete the task quickly. Here we are sharing the working of the Shoviv PST to Office 365 Migration Tool.
- First, download and install your system’s Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool.
- Now tap the add OST/ PST file option on the ribbon bar.
- On the next window, the dialogue box will appear before you here select the PST file type.
- Tap on the Add icon and add/search the PST files.
- Now check the required PST files and then click on the Next option, and then there will be a list of selected files.
- From the ribbon, bard under the Export OST/ PST file option, click on the Office 365 option.
- Post that hit the check/ uncheck subfolder option and click the Next option.
- After that Export to Office 365 dialogue box opens, fill in the Office 365 admin credential and hit the Next option.
- Now users are supposed to map the PST file with Office 365 mailbox and then hit the Next option.
- On the next window, the filter wizard will open, and there, users have to select the filter option between message class and message criteria.
- Now hit the advanced option for folder mapping and an email translation feature. Users can also increase the item fetching speed by fetching only item header properties.
- After that, click the Ok option and then the Next option; as per the setting, the software will begin PST to Office 365 migration process.
- After that, the software will display the live report of the entire task, and then lastly, hit the Finish option, and the job will be completed.
As mentioned above, we have discussed everything in the blog, so if any users are willing to begin the process, they can go through the content. Performing PST to Office 365 migration will become easy for the users if they choose the mentioned third-party tool. Users can also check out the demo version of the software to get the full knowledge of the tool.