Low labor inputs, transaction links, proximity to markets, growing saturation in PC outsourcing, growing impetus in notebook PC manufacturing, a more diverse product mix and end markets are key factors contributing to high CAGR of Global EMS and ODM Market during forecast period.
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global EMS and ODM market were valued at USD 574.10 Billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 800.19 Billion by year 2028, at a CAGR of 4.26 %. The study covers the in-depth analysis of ODM (Original Design manufacturer) and EMS (Electronic Manufacturing services) and the challenges faced by them. An original design manufacturer (ODM) is a company which designs and manufactures products according to the specifications given by other firm who ultimately brands it for sale. The ODMs are in charge of research and development and has the capability to sell the product on their own, to other buyers or even as a “White label” (product sold under several names). For instance, consumer electronics such as chargers and mobile cases are examples for ODM-created products. In the recent years, ODMs have rapidly grown and most of them can handle production for multiple clients adequately, often providing a large chunk of overall production. On the other hand, EMS (Electronic manufacturing services) are contract manufacturers which create an electronic component, right from the beginning (design) to manufacturing, testing, distribution of the final approved product.
Major factors providing impetus to revenue growth of the global ICT market are increasing penetration of mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and smart watches, increased affordability and accessibility of the Internet for people worldwide, and rapid digitalization across various industrial sectors including banking & finance, telecommunications, education, healthcare, automotive, buildings & construction, agriculture, power & energy, and oil & gas. Other key factors expected to contribute to the global market revenue growth are rapid adoption of emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, big data analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), and cloud computing in a wide range of industries, emergence of the 5G technology, rising demand for advanced Wi-Fi systems, increasing need for faster Internet services, and growing concerns about user data safety and privacy.
To download a PDF sample copy of the report, visit @https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1500
local Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) in international trade and the role of Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers. ODMs are typically utilized by foreign companies to manufacture goods based on their specifications and designs. Factors such as low labor costs, transactional links, and proximity to markets often drive the decision to work with ODMs.
On the other hand, EMS providers offer comprehensive services throughout the entire lifecycle of electronic components. They are involved from the initial design stage to manufacturing, testing, and distribution of the final approved product. EMS providers also handle product repairs and offer additional services like shipping management, procurement assistance, and customer support.
The global EMS market is influenced by various factors, including the increasing saturation in PC outsourcing, the growing emphasis on notebook PC manufacturing, a diverse product mix, and expanding end markets for EMS firms. Companies like Panasonic, Hitachi, and Mitsubishi are key players in the global EMS industry.
It’s worth noting that the information provided is accurate as of my last knowledge update in September 2021. Market dynamics and key players may have changed since then, so it’s advisable to refer to the most recent sources for up-to-date information on the EMS market.
ODMs are experiencing rapid growth in commoditized markets where their established products can be leveraged. They often specialize in manufacturing for the consumer and communication sectors, where there is a high demand for standardized products.
It is expected that ODMs will continue to expand their market presence and potentially outpace EMS providers in the coming years. However, in order to achieve this, ODMs will need to upgrade their technologies and explore different business models to stay competitive.
Adopting newer technologies is crucial for ODMs to keep up with changing market demands and to offer innovative solutions to their customers. This may involve investing in research and development, acquiring new capabilities, or forming partnerships with technology providers.
Exploring various business models can also help ODMs expand their market share. They may consider offering value-added services, such as product customization, software integration, or post-sales support, to differentiate themselves from competitors and provide a more comprehensive solution to their customers.
Order the EMS and ODM market report @https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-pricing/1500
Key Regional Markets Covered in the Report:
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, Spain, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- The Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Top 10 Companies Operating in the Global EMS and ODM Market:
Hon Hai industry, Pegatron, Flex, Wistron, Sanmina, Pegatron,Quanta Computer ,Compal Electronics, Inventec.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Currently ODMs are developing faster in more matured sectors such as consumer electronics and telecommunication compared to specialized sectors such as defense, automobile and industrial sector. In comparison to EMS, OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) is less likely to opt for ODM for contract manufacturing because OEMs have less control over IP (Intellectual protection) rights, designs of control boards, PCBs etc. Thus, ODMs are likely to become possible competitors to OEMs in the future.
- ODMs are mostly preferred by SME (small and medium size enterprises) and startup OEMs who have less budget as ODMs have their own design template.
- Many consumer electronic products are manufactured in China because of easy availability of raw materials, quality, speed, low maintenance costs. Cities such as Shenzhen is becoming a major industrial hub attracting popular consumer electronic companies such as Apple.
- Nowadays EMS has started to embrace non-traditional industries such as industrial, medical, consumer electronics. Further they are seen to provide design services in electrical and software design assistance as well.
- Global competition and new innovations are forcing the companies to cut down on costs. Further, companies are forced to produce goods as per the fast-changing consumer preferences. In addition to this, uncertain demand, complex global supply chain, sustainability of the product are few challenges faced by the EMS these days.
- Foxconn is the leading EMS provider in the world which accounts for more than 50% of the EMS revenue.
- Asia Pacific region accounts for 36.5% of the total market share. Taiwan and China are two key players in the OMS and EDM market. 75% of the global EMS market is held by Taiwanese companies. Out of the top four EMS providers in the world, Pegatron, Hon Hai (Foxconn), Wistron, and New Kinpo are based in Taiwan whereas Universal Scientific industrial company is the only Chinese company making it to top ten.
- The top 50 EMS have surpassed USD 300 billion in sales.
- Consumer devices such as mobile phones, digital cameras are the largest segment for the EMS market which account for 39.5% of the total revenue. It is followed by computers, primarily comprising of mobile PCs and desktops, holding a total share of 36.8% EMS revenue.
Request a customized copy of the report @https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1500
Thank you for reading our report. To inquire about customization or any query about the report, please get in touch with us. Our team will make sure the report is best suited to your needs.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Mobile Money Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/mobile-money-market
Video Streaming Software Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/video-streaming-software-market
Cognitive Radio Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/cognitive-radio-market
Fixed Satellite Services Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/fixed-satellite-services-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370