Increasing demand for fuel efficient vehicles, increasing expectations of engine performance and better driving experience and stringent regulations around carbon emission will drive the market at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) market was valued at USD 780 million in 2018 and is projected to witness a growth of 9.1% of CAGR during forecast period in 2026. From demand side the growth is attributed to Hassle-free driving experiences offered by dual clutch transmissions (DCT) along with changing and improving customer preferences; and from the supply side the growth is majorly driven by increasing stringent regulations about carbon footprints. Dual clutch transmission improves the engine efficiency and to lower the carbon emissions.
Dual clutch transmission (DCT) have the additional benefit of providing a better smoother driving experience. As the name suggests, a dual clutch transmission (DCT) employs two clutches and actuators; one clutch performs shifts out of the odd-numbered gear shift while the other clutch takes care of the even-numbered gear shifts. This method allows one clutch to stay engaged with the engine and gearbox at all times, and eliminates the power loss that usually occurs in an automated manual transmission technology.
To download a PDF sample copy of the report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/2200
Top Efficiency and Power Loss: DCT utilizes two separate clutches—one for odd-numbered gears and the other for even-numbered gears. This design allows for seamless and quick gear changes without interrupting power flow. As a result, there is minimal power loss during gear shifts, leading to improved overall efficiency of the gearbox.
Fuel Economy: The reduced power loss in DCT contributes to better fuel economy compared to conventional automatic transmissions. The continuous engagement of the engine enables efficient power delivery to the wheels, resulting in improved fuel efficiency.
Comfortable Gear Shifts: DCT provides smooth and rapid gear changes, enhancing the driving experience. The dual clutches work in parallel, pre-selecting the next gear, which eliminates the need for a torque converter or a clutch pedal. This leads to faster and more precise gear shifts, making driving more comfortable and responsive.
Engine Performance: DCT helps optimize engine performance by ensuring that the engine remains engaged and ready to deliver power at all times. The quick and precise gear changes allow the engine to operate within its optimal power band, resulting in enhanced performance and responsiveness.
Transition in Transmission Systems: The automotive industry has been evolving from traditional manual transmissions to automatic transmissions. DCT technology represents a significant advancement in this transition, combining the efficiency and control of manual transmissions with the convenience and ease of automatic transmissions.
Companies Operating in the Global Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) Market:
EATON CORPORATION, GETRAG, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Schaeffler AG, AVL, Fiat Powertrain Technologies, Aisin Seiki, Continental AG, Magna International and BorgWarner Inc and others are operating in the burgeoning Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT)
Inquiry before buying @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/inquiry-before-buying/2200
The global market is further segmented into type and application:
Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) by Lubrication Method (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) by Vehicle Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) by Sales Channel (Revenue, USD Million; 2016–2026)
Regional analysis provides insights into key trends and demands in each major country that can affect market growth in the region.
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., Italy, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Brazil, Rest of LATAM)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Further key findings from the report suggest-
- The passenger cars segment had the highest market share during 2018 and will continue to dominate the dual clutch transmission market over the forecast period. High penetration rate and demand for passenger vehicles will help the growth of DCT market.
- Till 2018, the global penetration of the dual clutch transmission technology stands at 5.1%
- Although DCT technology has relatively lesser penetration as compared to manual and automatic transmissions; automotive OEMs are offering the dual clutch transmission technology as a differentiating factor for vehicles
- Dual clutch transmissions are about 5% more economical and in some driving cycles and vehicles even more than 20% compared to automatic transmissions use a traditional torque converter.
- In lubrication segment, dry clutch transmissions type has the highest share and it is expected to retain its pole position over wet clutch transmissions over the forecast period. This higher growth rate is primarily attributed to economical costs.
- Region wise, Western Europe, Asia Pacific, and North America are the giant adopters of the dual clutch transmission technology. These areas are collectively contributed more than 80%of the DCT market. However, by 2023, both Western Europe and North America regions are expect to lose market share to the Asia Pacific.
- Increasing environmental awareness impacting the demand for lower carbon footprint technologies positively. OEMs are strictly following the emission standards to meet stringent environmental regulations. As a result, many OEMs are inclining towards the usage of dual clutch transmission technology
- Because of several operational issues with the dual clutch transmission, consumer confidence is deteriorating in the developed markets. Customer dissatisfaction with the DCT technology in developed markets can create significant challenges for OEMs during the forecast period
- In the sales channel segment, OEMs hold more market share than aftermarket owing to the lesser occurrence of replacement of DCT.
Request a customized copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2200
Overall, dual clutch transmission (DCT) offers improved fuel efficiency, superior driving experience, and better engine performance. These advantages have contributed to the growing adoption of DCT in the automotive industry, as it provides a more efficient and enjoyable driving experience.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Mobile Router Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/mobile-router-market
Wide-Bandgap (WBG) Power Semiconductor Devices Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/wide-bandgap-wbg-power-semiconductor-devices-market
Domain Name System (DNS) Service Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/domain-name-system-dns-service-market
Face Recognition Systems Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/face-recognition-systems-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370