Yes, with Spirit Airlines you can send your little one to travel even if no one accompanies him. However, care, comfort, and safety of your kid is still ensured. Thanks to the efficient services of Spirit Airlines and those for Unaccompanied Minors is one of such services.
So, send your little ones to fly with Spirit and relax at home. Scroll down to know about the policy for unaccompanied minors. Also, know the unaccompanied minor (UMNR) fee and ticket booking steps.
Spirit Airlines Unaccompanied Minor – Terms and Conditions
Does your kid need to travel all by themselves? Count on Spirit Airlines unaccompanied minor policy. Here are the policy highlights –
- Kids between 5 and 14 years of age are allowed on Spirit Airlines as unaccompanied minors.
- Kids are accepted as UMNR only on domestic flights that travel to destinations like Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Spirit international flights don’t allow unaccompanied minors onboard.
- You must check-in at the ticket counter 60 minutes before the flight’s departure.
- Give your UMNR a photo ID as it is required onboard.
- Fill out the UMNR form at the airport.
- An UMNR must be received at or escorted to the airport by a parent/guardian who has provided their details to the airline.
- They must have a government-approved photo ID proof and documents required as per the UMNR form.
As the Spirit unaccompanied minor fee, the airline charges $150 per kid for a one way trip.
What are the Age Restrictions for an Unaccompanied Minor on Spirit?
Here are the criteria for unaccompanied minors’ age to fly on a Spirit flight –
- 4 years and below – Spirit doesn’t accept as an UMNR. A 15 years or older traveler must accompany them.
- 5 years to 14 years – Allowed as an unaccompanied minor on direct Spirit flights
- More than 15 years – Don’t need UMNR services
How to Book a Ticket for an Unaccompanied Minor on Spirit?
Here are the steps to purchase a ticket for your kid who will be flying as an unaccompanied minor on a Spirit flight.
- Visit the official website of Spirit Airlines.
- Choose the number of kids traveling as unaccompanied minors.
- Click on the button of Search Flights.
- Enter the birthdate of the unaccompanied minor and attach a photo.
- Select a seat.
- Mention the details required.
- Pay the amount.
- To book a flight on Spirit airlines for your kid, call the airline’s customer service representative.
- Share their details required for the booking.
- Make the payment.
So, confidently send your child to travel alone with Spirit Airlines. On the airline’s flight, your kid is always covered with the safety and care of the staff. Also, the airline designates an attendant to make sure that your kid feels comfortable.