Are you confused about what to choose between ladder-type cable trays and cable trays for your industrial locations? We understand this is not an easy task for one who does not have sufficient information about the cable tray and its types. But we assure you by the end of this article, you will know the difference between a ladder cable tray and an electrical cable tray.
It will be difficult to choose the best tray for your business as these trays come with a wide variety of ranges and accessories. There are a few key differences that will help you to make your decision easier while choosing the suitable cable tray for your business. But before you dive directly into the differences, first make sure to know what their meaning is.
What are Cable Trays?
Cable trays are an ideal cable management solution used to organize and arrange wires in a systematic manner. The cable management system is used for electric power distribution, control, signal instrumentation, and communication which offers a rigid structural framework.
Aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel are the materials used to make metal cable trays.
What are Ladder Cable Trays?
Ladder cable trays are one type of cable trays. Ladder-type cable trays are used to provide proper airflow to the cable wires and prevent overheating and other damage. These trays have holes that are mainly punched by the cable tray manufacturer and are used for providing proper ventilation. It contains a simple design with side rails with rungs connected to it. The ladder-type cable trays are best suited for electrical, instrumentation, and telecommunication cables.
What are the differences between Cable Tray and Cable Ladder?
Cable trays and cable trays do not contain many differences as the cable ladder is one of the types of cable trays. But there are a few differences which make them a more preferred product in their own zone. It also depends on the environment of the industry where these trays are installed for a long duration to keep the cable wires safe and organized. Here are some key differences between cable ladders and cable trays:
- A cable ladder tray is made simply by connecting two rails rungs to tie the cables onto the ladder.
- It is best suited for electrical, instrumentation, and telecommunication cables.
- The ladder cable tray has holes that help in providing proper ventilation to the wires of the cable and secures the wires from dust, overheating or any other damage.
- The holes in the cable ladder provide proper monitoring and maintenance to the cable wires so that if any wire is damaged the wires can be removed or replaced easily.
- These come out with some accessories including tee bend, horizontal bend, horizontal cross, reducer(right/left), and vertical inner/outer bend.
- These trays need less space and are supplied in 3-6 meter lengths.
- The cable tray is made of a single sheet of metal and is used to organize and arrange the cable wires in a proper manner.
- It is mainly suitable for electrical, instrumentation, and tubing locations.
- Cable trays are mainly used to support and provide additional support to prevent cables from drooping.
- It is a great option to hide cables from ceilings, along the walls in offices or department stores.
- Cables trays are secured with a cover which in turn prevents the cables from dust, UV resistance, fling water, and overheating.
- It is mainly supplied in 3-meter length.
I hope now you have got all your answers and are ready to proceed with your decision to buy a cable ladder or cable trays for your project. Choosing the right cable tray is the most important factor which everyone should consider. Mostly cable ladders are the preferred choice of customers. However, cable trays are the best option for many industries and are useful for protecting cabling and tubing.