The global Automotive Acoustic Materials Market is estimated to reach USD 4.10 Billion by 2028, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Acoustic materials reduce the strength of the mechanical waves, including sound, ultrasound, vibration, and infrasound in several mediums such as liquid, gas, and solid. These materials, along with implementing active acoustics, also improve thermal insulation, driving comfort, and vehicle safety. In automobiles, the bonnet liners, powertrain, and engine encapsulation are made up of acoustic materials to absorb the engine bay noise. Internal combustion engine (ICE) cars need more acoustic materials for enhanced comfort and improved noise cancellation. Thus a rise in the number of passenger cars is anticipated to drive the growth of the market. Noise control engineers extensively use acoustical materials for reduction of Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
However, to select and apply these materials efficiently, which are available in various types commercially, the specific properties of these materials need to be known. Well organized standards exist for such features to be implemented in the industry. Factors such as the initiation of stringent regulatory norms about transportation noise for ICE, electric & hybrid vehicles and growing customer preference for improved cabin comfort and luxury characteristics are anticipated to encourage the growth of this market.
However, the rising usage of used & rental acoustic testing devices, high investment, and fluctuating costs of raw materials are some of the factors that may hinder the market growth in the future.
The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to be the fastest growing market and it accounts for the largest share of 51.3% of the market in 2020. Steady economic growth, rising focus on automobiles, advancements related to acoustic materials, and government regulations about vehicle noise have raised the demand for the market in the region. The largest market share in this region can be attributed to the presence of leading players like 3M (US), BASF (Germany), and Dow Chemical (US).
To download a PDF sample copy of the report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1547
The demand for strong and lightweight acoustic materials in the automotive industry is driven by various factors, contributing to the revenue growth of the market. One significant factor is the increasing focus of automobile producers on finding materials that are lightweight yet offer excellent sound absorption capabilities. By incorporating lightweight acoustic materials, vehicle manufacturers can reduce the overall weight of the vehicle, leading to improved fuel economy and reduced carbon emissions.
Government regulations that impose strict rules on emissions and noise pollution also play a crucial role in driving the market’s revenue growth. Governments worldwide are implementing stringent regulations on the automotive industry to mitigate noise pollution and enhance air quality. This has created a high demand for acoustic materials that can effectively reduce vehicle emissions and noise levels, enabling manufacturers to comply with these regulations.
Furthermore, the rising popularity of electric and hybrid vehicles is expected to further drive the need for acoustic materials in the automotive industry. Electric and hybrid vehicles lack the typical engine noise found in conventional gasoline-powered cars, making other sounds more noticeable to passengers. To address this, acoustic materials are utilized to enhance soundproofing, reducing external noise and vibration. This significantly improves the overall driving experience for passengers in electric and hybrid vehicles.
Overall, the demand for lightweight acoustic materials in the automotive industry is being driven by a combination of factors, including the pursuit of fuel efficiency and reduced emissions, compliance with government regulations, and the unique soundproofing requirements of electric and hybrid vehicles.
Component Outlook (Volume, Tons; and Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- Engine Encapsulation
- Door Trim
- Arch Liner
- Fender & Floor Insulator
- Trunk Trim
- Parcel Tray
Vehicle Type Outlook (Volume, Tons; and Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
Type Outlook (Volume, Tons; and Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2028)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) & Textile
- Arylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
Inquiry Before Buying @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/inquiry-before-buying/1547
Key Regional Markets Covered in the Report:
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, Spain, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- The Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Top Companies Operating in the Global Automotive Acoustic Materials Market:
BASF SE, DuPont, 3M, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, The Dow Chemical Company, Covestro AG, TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., Sika, Lyondell Basell Industries Holdings B.V.,Huntsman International LLC., Bayer AG, Owen corning, johns Manville, Rockwool international, fletcher insulation and Knauff insulation, Thomas net, Sounddown corp., Victrex, USA., Fabri-Tech components,Inc.,Johnson bros, Roll Forming Co., Heubach Corporation, U.S. Rubber Supply Co., Tex Tech Industries
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The automotive industry uses acoustic materials to reduce or eliminate the results of exterior noise generated by the vehicle, mainly the noise from exhaust, engine, and tire.
- Moreover, automotive insulations have improved with lightweight acoustic, high-performance, and thermal solutions to decrease the overall weight of the vehicle.
- It helps to keep the vehicle in line with the current refinement standards while reducing the weight of the insulation system significantly as a whole.
- Using these methods not only decreases the noise, but also provides moisture protection, expert assembly, and manufacturing assistance.
- Plastic foams, mainly polypropylene blend and polyester materials, are usually used in the insulation system of the vehicle.
- PU (polyurethane) is widely used in interior components, cushion foams, and other lightweight automotive parts to foster fuel & energy savings.
- It is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate of 4.5% during the forecast period.
- It is the most extensively used type in acoustic materials. Moreover, this material is advantageous in terms of noise absorption and preferred to other traditional acoustic materials such as PVC and textiles.
- Most OEMs in advanced and emerging countries are using this type because of their proven performance.
- Based on Component, the market can be segmented into Engine Encapsulation, Door Trim, Arch Liner, Dash, Fender &, Floor Insulator, Trunk Trim and Parcel Tray.
- Door trim component is anticipated to grow at the highest rate of 4.7% during the forecast period.
- The market players are primarily focused on developing new technologies to meet the requirements of users.
- Various companies are also involved in numerous mergers & acquisitions as their essential strategy is to maintain sufficient market share.
- These factors are expected to have a positive impact on industry growth over the next few years.
- LyondellBasell, one of the leading players, presented a Softell Textile material for automotive interior applications in August 2017.
- This Softell Textile is a cost-effective material, and it also enhances the touch and feel as opposed to real textile fabrics or technical polymers.
- This material providing enhanced acoustical properties can be useful for door panels and other interior applications.
Request a customized copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1547
Thank you for reading our report. To inquire about customization or any query about the report, please get in touch with us. Our team will make sure the report is best suited to your needs.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Managed Wi-Fi Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/managed-wi-fi-market
Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD WAN) Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/software-defined-wide-area-network-sd-wan-market
Aerospace Fastener Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/aerospace-fastener-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370