According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Agricultural Sensors market was valued at USD 1,505.4 Million in 2020 and expected to reach USD 3,200.8 Million by the year 2028 at a CAGR of 11.04%. The sensing technologies are used in precision agriculture, providing data that helps farmers monitor and optimize crops, as well as to adapt to changing environmental factors. This provides actionable data to be processed and implemented as a need be to maximize crop yield while minimizing environmental effects. Here are a few of the ways that precision farming takes advantage of this data yield monitoring, yield mapping, variable rate fertilizer, weed mapping, variable spraying, salinity mapping, guidance systems. The key factors which drive the growth of the market include the growing use of agricultural sensors in precision agriculture, increasing partnerships among the agrochemical companies, and agricultural sensor providers. Significant factors are contributing to the progress of the smart agriculture industry, such as the increasing adoption of advanced technologies in various agriculture applications such as precision farming, smart greenhouse, fish farm monitoring, livestock monitoring. Changing weather patterns due to growing global warming has urged the adoption of advanced farming technologies to enhance farm productivity and crop yield. The primary factor which back force the industry growth is due to volatile commodity prices which confuse the farmers for the adoption of sensors in agriculture. The adoption of any new technology in agriculture is often dependent on agricultural commodity prices. With highly fluctuating commodity prices in recent times, farmers are often skeptical toward adopting advanced technologies, such as agricultural sensors, which usually have an initial and somewhat larger investment cost.
North America expected to be the fastest-growing market. In North America, the adoption of soil moisture sensors has rapidly increased, over the past five years, for the conservation of water and timely irrigation in farms. Soil moisture instruments used in the sports turf segment for more efficient monitoring and conversion of turfgrass. Studies indicate that the adoption of these devices helps farmers to minimize drought stress, as well as to reduce the maintenance and labor cost of protected cultivation by 20%, at least.
To download a PDF sample copy of the report, visit @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2420
Monitoring crop health through the use of agricultural sensors has become increasingly important in modern farming practices. By employing sensor-based systems, farmers can effectively monitor various plant factors such as chlorophyll levels, leaf temperature, and signs of plant stress. This continuous monitoring enables early detection of crop diseases, pests, and nutritional deficiencies, allowing farmers to take timely preventive actions.
The ability to detect early indicators of diseases and pests is crucial for minimizing crop damage and yield losses. By identifying potential issues early on, farmers can implement targeted interventions such as adjusting irrigation, applying specific pesticides, or providing additional nutrients to prevent the spread of diseases or infestations. This proactive approach helps in reducing the reliance on broad-spectrum treatments and optimizing the use of resources, resulting in more sustainable farming practices.
The market for agricultural sensors is experiencing growth due to the increasing adoption of these technologies. Farmers and agricultural enterprises recognize the value of sensor-based systems in improving crop management, optimizing resource utilization, and enhancing overall productivity. As a result, areas with high agricultural output are witnessing a surge in the demand for agricultural sensors.
Government initiatives further contribute to the deployment of agricultural sensors by promoting sustainable farming methods. Governments worldwide are implementing policies and initiatives to support environmentally friendly agricultural practices. These measures recognize the potential of cutting-edge technologies like sensors and precision agriculture to minimize environmental impact while maximizing resource efficiency. The Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) of the European Union, for instance, places a strong emphasis on the use of sensors and other precision agriculture technologies to foster sustainable agricultural practices.
Sensor Type (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Application (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Dairy Management
- Soil Management
- Climate Management
- Water Management
- Precision Farming
- Smart Green House
Inquiry Before Buying @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/inquiry-before-buying/2420
Key Regional Markets Covered in the Report:
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, Spain, France, BENELUX, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- The Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Top 10 Companies Operating in the Global Agricultural Sensors Market:
Auroras, Agsmarts Inc., Irrometer Company Inc., Stevens Water Monitoring Systems Inc., Delta-T Devices Ltd, Spectrum Technologies Inc., Sentek Ltd, Aquaspy Inc., and CropX, among others.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The Agricultural Sensors market is growing at a CAGR of 20 % in the Asia Pacific, followed by Latin America and Europe. The industry growth in this region supported by the introduction of cheaper and superior quality sensors and the government incentives for supporting smart agriculture techniques in the country for better yield in satisfying the growing population
- North America embodies the largest regional market. The U.S. is the early adopter of precision farming technologies, which is the primary factor responsible for the region’s most significant share in the global industry. Also, considerable acceptance of modern agriculture methods in Canada is contributing to industry growth. In developed regions, precision farming is rapidly gaining recognition from the farmer and commercialized from good science.
- Based on type, the Soil moisture segment expected to dominate the industry. The factors which contribute to the growth of these sensors are supported by water scarcity, increasing government restriction on the usage of water, lack of drinking water, among others.
- With the growing global population, the need for meat is also increasing. According to CEMA, the global industry for meat expected to rise by 40% over the next 15 years, owing to the growing population and increasing consumption of protein-rich diets. Conferring to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), technology solutions in agricultural and livestock production systems would play a pivotal role in ensuring an adequate food supply for an expected population of 9.7 billion by 2050.
- Big data anticipated to have a significant effect on smart farming and involves in every stage of the food supply chain. Smart devices such as sensors deliver a large amount of data with unprecedented decision-making capabilities. As more and smarter devices and detectors mounted on the farms, agriculture practices will become data increasingly have driven and data-enabled. Big data expected to cause significant shifts in transforming the agriculture industry.
Request a customized copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2420
Thank you for reading our report. To inquire about customization or any query about the report, please get in touch with us. Our team will make sure the report is best suited to your needs.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Vehicle Electrification Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/vehicle-electrification-market
Network Traffic Analyzer Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/network-traffic-analyzer-market
TV Analytics Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/tv-analytics-market
Spend Analytics Market – https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/spend-analytics-market
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370